Join us Friday, Oct 29th (select times from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm) and Saturday, Oct 30th (9:30 am - 12:00 pm) for our 16th annual Halloween Photo Fundraiser.
We’re carrying on our fundraising for another wonderful cause this year. Our newest beneficiary is the the Eastern Black Rhinos conservation program at The Lincoln Park Zoo. We want to help do our part to protect this incredible animal of which four species are critically endangered and one species is functionally extinct.
To read more about jookie's giant puppet rhino project and how we are planning to use it to help us save the rhinos, you can read more on this previous blog post.
And you can view a recent Fox 32 Chicago news interview here.
This year the event will again be located outside in order to help keep kiddos and everyone safe while COVID continues. Participants will be allowed to photograph outside without masks as long as social distancing is observed.
This session will be rain or shine! If the weather does not permit outside photography, then we will move the event INSIDE the jookie studio. In this situation, all participants and families MUST wear their masks at ALL TIMES, including for the duration of photographs.
This year it's $75 participation fee per kiddo/parent. 50% of proceeds to be donated to our beneficiary. Each participant must be in costume. Kids can be photographed individually or as a group. As always, each participant will receive a complimentary 5x7 printed portrait (regularly priced at $147). Participation fees are non-refundable.
This year's COVID safety protocols:
• There are NO walk-ins this year. To participate, you must sign up in advance and show up at your scheduled time.
• All bookings will be spread out every 10 minutes, with no family being photographed for more than 5-10 minutes.
• This event is only for kids of sitting age or older. For babies not yet sitting, please contact jookie to see if other arrangements can be made.
• To inquire about times not currently listed on the signup page, please email jookie to see if expanded time slots are possible.
• More dates may be made available after the initial time slots are booked.
• Remember, this event is for fun and to support a good cause so come prepared to be patient and flexible!
Interested in upgrading to a Make Believe Session? All Make Believe Sessions will be safely photographed over the winter at the jookie studio. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!