Join us Friday, Oct 30th and Saturday, Oct 31st for our 15th annual Halloween Photo Fundraiser!
UPDATE: The initial time slots for the 30th and 31st have been booked up! Online sign-ups are still available but are now being done through a private booking page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see what dates/times have been added and Jill or our new workflow manager, Corey, will get you set up.
Last year, we raised OVER $3200 for Sandy Hook Promise! With safety (and fun) in mind, we’re hoping to carry on our fundraising for another wonderful cause this year. Our newest beneficiary is I Grow Chicago, a local organization whose mission it is to grow Englewood, Chicago, from surviving to thriving through community connection, skill building, and opportunity. As always, the participation fees will be donated 100% from jookie to our beneficiary.
This year, all sessions will be located OUTSIDE in order to increase safety. Participants will be allowed to photograph with or without masks as long as social distancing is observed, but must be masked when NOT being photographed.
If the weather does not permit outside photography, then we will move the event INSIDE the jookie studio. In this situation, all participants and families must wear their masks at ALL TIMES, including for the duration of photographs.
$50 participation fee per kiddo/parent. Must be in costume. May be photographed individually or as a group. Each participant will receive a complimentary 5x7 photo. Participation fees are non-refundable.
We're looking forward to raising money for yet another amazing organization like I Grow Chicago. There are so many good people in this world helping to make it a better and safer place, and jookie is proud to support their causes!
This year's COVID safety protocols:
- Unlike previous years, walk-ins are not allowed. To participate, you must sign up in advance and show up at your scheduled time slot.
- All bookings will be spread out every 20 minutes, with no family being photographed for more than 5-10 minutes. This means that no more than 3 families will be photographed within one hour which will prevent groups of people from gathering.
- This event is only for kids of walking age or older. For babies and kids under 1 year not yet walking, please contact jookie to see if other arrangements can be made.
- The outdoor location for sessions will be shared after signups are complete.
- To inquire about times not currently listed on the signup page, please email jookie to see if expanded time slots are possible.
- More dates may be made available after the initial time slots are booked.
- This is new territory for all of us, so we appreciate your patience! Safety first, then fun.
Interested in upgrading to a Make Believe session?
All Make Believe sessions will be safely photographed over the winter at the jookie studio with high covid safety protocols in place. Email email@example.com for details!
And don’t forget jookie is here for your professional portrait needs. jookie is a children’s, high school seniors, family, baby and pet photography studio located in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Chicago, created in 2006 by Jill Liebhaber, veteran Chicago kids and family photographer of 20 years, focused on creating custom art work for homes.
As a professional photography studio in Chicago, jookie serves all nearby neighborhoods such as Lakeview, Bucktown, Ravenswood, Andersonville, Edgewater, Roscoe Village, North Center, Lincoln Park, West Loop, River North, Old Town, Gold Coast, and Downtown. We also have families who come for baby, kid, dog, and family photos from the suburbs like LaGrange, Hinsdale, Western Springs, Evanston, Wilmette, Winnetka, Elmhurst, Oak Park, Kildeer, and also out of state like Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, New Hampshire, New York, and California.
We are often asked by jookie parents to create head shots or professional portraits, which we photograph whenever we can fit it into the schedule.
Gift certificates are available and make a fantastic gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, anniversaries, and birthdays. They can be for portrait sessions or for camera learning sessions.
jookie specializes in silly serious LOVE ™.